Saturday, June 2, 2007

Sunday Scripture & Spurgeon

Galatians 4:19 ~ "My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you," This is an interesting verse. What does it mean that Christ should be formed in me? Of course, this is only possible if He lives in me as a result of the new birth (John 3). I think Paul referred to the process of the "measure of the stature of Christ" mentioned elsewhere in Scripture. We are to die to self and let Christ live and mature in us! What a challenge! This is, as I read in a post at Christina's, NOT dying once and then you're good to go...it's day by day, minute by minute. Lord, help me to do just that today!

Spurgeon, on I Chronicles 4:23 ~ "The place of our habitation is fixed, and we are not to remove from it out of whim and caprice, but seek to serve the Lord in it, by being a blessing to those among whom we reside."

*Photo courtesy jupiterimages.com

1 comment:

HsKubes said...

Good post. I love the chapter in Romans, where Paul talks about dying to self. As you said, what a challenge! It truly must be done daily.
I saw you linked to my post (at least, I think it was me). Thank you! I tried to click on the link and it didn't work properly. I thought I would give you the link to it on my blog here at blogspot: Dying Daily

I hope you enjoy your week.
~ Christina