Sunday, June 3, 2007

Airplane Days

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I grew up in Lima, Peru, where my parents were missionaries for 25 years (they are now in Caracas). Some of the most awesome events back then were "airport days". These were the days when we went to the airport to pick up (the leaving-off times were not so fun =( ) missionaries returning from furlough. Back then, missionaries didn't travel back and forth very much and furloughs were always very long! Another neat thing was that we could go outside on the deck and watch the airplane land and our friends get off the plane on the little outdoors stairway (I know that you're now wondering, "HOW OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY?"--not as old as you might think....) Anyway, a year in the life of one of your friends away is a very long time. We would always go with mixed feelings...will we still be friends?....what "new" things have they learned in the "Promised Land"?....etc, etc. You get the picture! Another big question was..."What new clothes will they all be wearing?" How superficial is that?! Anyway, everything always turned out okay...we're all still friends...family...after all these years!

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I loved this, and...yes, you are a hexahead!

marallyn ben moshe said...

i hate saying goodbye...great post

HsKubes said...

What a blessing it is to have lifelong friends and family.
I wanted to let you know that I responded to the question that was left. It may not be what you were looking for but it was what the Lord led me to share. How Do You Do It?

Have a blessed Lord's Day.
~ Christina