Sunday, June 3, 2007

100 Posts~Wow!

I really find it hard to believe that I have actually posted 100 times! (I know, Rita, yawn...400 posts for you!) However, I've decided to follow the example of Barb, and post 100 things about me. Sounds so self-centered somehow... Anyway, I hope there are 100 things to write about me!

  1. I was born in Dearborn, Michigan, at a very young age (hahaha), in the same hospital that my brother-in-law, Mike, was born in!
  2. My dad didn't see me until I was 3 months old because he was in the USAF in Turkey at the time.
  3. My mom was due on Aug 1, and I was born on SEPTEMBER 13. Yikes!
  4. I REMEMBER when my sister was born, and I was 2-1/2!
  5. The LORD saved me at the age of 4-1/2, shortly after my Grandpa Queen's funeral.
  6. I lived in Queretaro, Mexico, for one year when I was 5.
  7. I love peanut butter sandwiches~especially with raspberry jelly. No crunchy for me...only good ole creamy Jif!
  8. I love travelling, especially alone.
  9. I have said goodbye to too many people too many times.
  10. If you haven't guessed already, I'm an MK (Missionary Kid).
  11. My parents were missionaries in Lima, Peru, for 25 years. They are now missionaries in Caracas, Venezuela.
  12. My parents are neat freaks...they wonder where I came from!
  13. Although I am not really *fat*, I am always trying to lose weight!
  14. I speak excellent fluent Spanish...it's a gift!
  15. I have 5 beautiful children!
  16. My children were born in 3 different countries.
  17. I met my husband 2 months before I graduated!
  18. I have a wonderful husband!
  19. My FAVORITE food is shrimp. It is my youngest son, Aaron's, too!
  20. My son, Seth, and I share a love for bbq ribs...yum
  21. Morgan, my oldest daughter, looks a lot like I did at her age.
  22. I love to stay up late and get up early...I also like to take naps with my youngest kids!
  23. I love Venezuelan food~hallacas, arepas, pabellon criollo...
  24. My favorite restaurant is KC Masterpiece in Overland Park, KS.
  25. I hate to talk on the phone...
  26. Love to go barefoot, but rarely do...flip-flops
  27. I'm very friendly; I think you would like me!
  28. My favorite authors are L.M. Montgomery, Francine Rivers, Terry Blackstock, and Charles Dickens!
  29. I get all choked up every single time I hear "The Star-Spangled Banner". I love America!
  30. Even though I grew up in Peru, I have no desire to go back there. Period.
  31. My favorite city in the world is (sorry, Rita) Caracas, Venezuela.
  32. One of my favorite things to eat...but I rarely do...is pistachio pudding. Isn't that weird?!
  33. I could talk to a wall.
  34. I can't.tell.jokes....
  35. I wish I could decorate like my mother-in-law.
  36. I read my Bible almost every day.
  37. I teach a preschoolers Sunday school class.
  38. Did I mention that we are missionaries in Maracay, Venezuela?
  39. I love scented Yankee candles!
  40. I always use bath gel and apply BOTH scented lotion and spray on after a shower.
  41. I love COLD showers!
  42. I own a violin and I need to learn how to play it!
  43. I wish I had been in a singing group in college...I didn't think I could make the audition. I now believe I could've.
  44. The first time my husband and I sang together was at Matt's grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party. We've sung quite a few times since then!
  45. I really hate it when my husband is gone overnight...but I've gotten used to it.
  46. I love Israel!
  47. I want to visit Israel.
  48. My husband is a hopeless romantic. HE cried at our wedding...not me!
  49. I hate back rubs.
  50. Being tickled just panics me to death.
  51. I rarely find the shortest, easiest way to do something...always the long, hard way. What's up with that?!
  52. My two best girl friends are miles and miles away... Viv and Cyn
  53. We always spend Thanksgivings on our furloughs with the Neumann family
  54. My family always puts up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving while I make goodies for our "Christmas Tree Party"
  55. My pantry and fridge look like Hurricane Katrina...shame on me
  56. I love hillbill...I mean Appalachian music. It and Venezuelan folk music are my favorites!
  57. My mother is from a holler in Kentucky. It's kind of weird to be related to everyone on a holler....
  58. My favorite pics to take at the beach are pics of my family's feet...weird
  59. If I could, I would get rid of half the junk I have around my house...but I can't stand to part with anything!
  60. My favorite colors are yellow and blue
  61. I'm not really an ice cream fan...but I do like Frosty's and milkshakes
  62. I live in a country where it cost a little over a dollar to fill up the tank in a minivan. Sorry!
  63. Hate to be hot...love to be cold...live in Maracay, Venezuela, where it is very hot!
  64. If I could, I would go to the Swiss Alps
  65. I am absolutely fascinated with the Holocaust and the Amish
  66. I love to play volleyball, especially if I can be on my HUSBAND's team!
  67. I did very well in college, although I didn't study very much
  68. I was in Drama class in college. Does that surprise you?
  69. I think that if I lived in the States, I would live in Wisconsin
  70. I hate to cook, but I'm not too bad of a cook
  71. One of my very favoritest things to do is to shop (in the States...heavy sigh) the day after Thanksgiving!
  72. My favorite shopping buddy is Shell
  73. Shelley and I were best buds in college. We both spoke Spanish, and we tried to room together. That didn't work. We became friends again after we weren't roommates!
  74. If I could do it over, I never would have ever dated anyone but Matt!
  75. I do not really care to receive flowers...I prefer potted plants or chocolate!
  76. I cannot scrapbook. Period. My sister inherited all the creative genes in the family. Quilting, scrapbooking, sewing, you name it!
  77. I wish I lived in the same town as my sister. Right next door, in fact!
  78. My husband and I were introduced by a mutual friend. Her name is Tammy and she was born in Maracay, Venezuela, where we now live!
  79. I am going to Heaven when I die. Thank you, Lord Jesus!
  80. I am taking way too long to write this list.
  81. I wish my hair were waist-length. I think that's strange too...
  82. I can't sleep unless I have at least a sheet on me.
  83. My son, Ethan, and I have the exact same personality--talkative!
  84. I want to be like the Proverbs 31 woman...this blog probably isn't helping
  85. Probably my favorite candy is a Hershey bar~no almonds please
  86. I love Venezuelan coffee and latte's with raspberry flavoring
  87. I drink a lot of Venezuelan coffee
  88. I fell through a roof and landed in the bathroom sink once...don't ask, it's a long story
  89. I almost drowned once. Aunt Pat saved me.
  90. I won 1st place in a dramatic monologue and a national spelling competition. Same year. A guy named Patrick Henry won second...go figure
  91. I love the smell of rain
  92. Irish music is my other favorite music!
  93. I've discovered that the best thing to take to the beach is a hammock!
  94. The very thought of having a mouse or rat in or around the house makes me crazy~a very real possibility in South America!
  95. One of my favorite places is Chicago...love that waterfront!
  96. Hate the color RED...NOW
  97. I'm glad I'm not blonde...sorry blondies
  98. Can't stand any kind of melon...gross
  99. I wish I had a polka-dotted dress...
  100. I once jumped into a pool, fully clothed, to "save" my youngest daughter~who had a life jacket on! Oh well....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

oh these were fun to read. I liked getting to know you better!

Liz said...

Oh boy! it was a riot!
Some of us love to be blond, even if it takes lots WELLA ;-)

Don't know why you like Caracas! this city is getting to my nerves..

Tocaya, scrapbooking is easier in the computer!!! Cannot do it with paper either.

My dad used to live in Maracay, I don't go there since he passed way. And it is HOT, for sure!

Nice post.-- Liz

Pen of Jen said...

Fun post I love these! Tomorrow is my 100th post on my home school blog mcbenningschool.blogspot.com

I too have panic attacks when I am tickled.

I also nearly drowned and my mom, in a polyester pantsuit(weighed her down) walked on the bottom of the pool holding me up, she herself had to be pulled out. Thank God mom jumped in.

Funny about the cold hot thing too, I live in the desert NM and would prefer to live up in the mountains and see snow!

Well I have enjoyed this post very much, thank you for sharing these neat/ amazing things!

Caraqueña said...

Liz...vamos a decir que amo a la Caracas de antes, de mis primeros dias en este maravilloso pais, antes de la revolucion "bonita". Oh, give me some links to do scrapbooking "on the computer". Do you mean flicker? Un abrazo...

Liz said...

Yo sé... (sólo te echaba broma) yo también adoro Caracas, mi Avila! Yo nací aquí y cada vez que regreso a mi casa, no me canso de mirar esa montaña. (a veces pensando en irnos, se me arruga el corazón).

Los links. Mira aquí:
http://www.shabbyprincess.com/downloads.asp
esta semana para quitarme el stress, hice unos cuantos collages con las fotos de los primitos y otras mías (proyectos narcisos)

Y claro, los juguetes de flickr son chéveres:
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/

Y este que no lo he usado, pero tiene cosas bien buenas como para las fotos de los varones, la escuela, etc:
http://cp.c-ij.com/english/scrapbook/tag/01.html

Have fun with computer in the kitchen!!! I have it over the breakfast table or the counter
;-)

Liz

Rita Loca said...

Beth! This is freaky!! We are more alike than I realized!!! Except about Caracas! Need a sheet, love Bluegrass, Coffee, and on and on...

River Rat said...

that was neat, I enjoyed reading it, very interesting

Susan said...

Enjoy reading your 100 post. I love these. You can learn quite a bit about someone very quickly.
Susan