Wednesday, December 5, 2007

When It's Over

It's really time for a new post! I sit here at my desk with a picture of Venezuelan friends looking at me...I love them so much! Matt is right now in Venezuela, closing up our *life* there. What a huge chapter to close, a hard one to close. We spent 11 years, wonderful (though tense due to El Emperador) ones, there in our adopted country. It has been an emotional time for Matt, wrapping up things. He says he has felt as though his whole family died and he was sorting through their stuff. He left a week ago, had a sale, gave stuff away, etc. He is now in Caracas, with our life there pretty much behind him/us. On Sunday I was very emotional myself, knowing that he was resigning from our church there (oficially) and that my darling Venezuelans were voting again, this time for their very survival! And THEY DID IT-THEY DID IT! They beat that monster, at least a round! Morgan and I stayed up very late on Sunday night waiting for Tibisay whatever-her-name-was to come out with the announcement. (I bet SHE won't be the next VP! heehee). We were just incredulous! We jumped up and down, we were so excited! I stayed up to watch the eating of humble pie. It was great. So, you ask...where does this leave us in the future? When Matt gets back and puts that in a prayer letter, I'll let you know. Wherever I go, I will always have Venezuela very much in my heart, as part of that which makes me me. Actually, every day that passes I miss it more, not less.

4 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I just got back from Paraguay and it helped to see the need there. It solidified the decision and made it real. We really see no alternative for us. It still hurts. We were all very emotional as we flew over Venezuela.

Liz said...

Tocayita, thanks for your spiritual support!
I wish you the best, be brave and strong (for the kids)

Un abrazo!

Rita Loca said...

email me! I am biting my nails in suspense. Did you hear about the military at the Southern B. camp ????

CaraqueƱa said...

JM: I can't even imagine flying over Venezuela! That would kill me at this point...Matt will be back on Sat. Yes, I heard about the military~is that the writing on the wall?

Tocaya: Wish I were there...I'm rejoicing here though. My dad told me that H3 threw a fit last night. Future is still uncertain, that's for sure!