Saturday, December 8, 2007

Close Call


The beautiful snow has turned to ICE on the streets~NOT fun! This morning as Seth, Aaron, and I headed to Seth's ball game, I got to the end of my street UNAWARE that the street was so slick. Well, as I was going 25-30 mph, my breaks WOULD NOT stop my car. It was an anxious 15 sec. or so! I was able to maneuver the car across the street into a snow bank. We weren't hurt at all, but I was really shook up. (I'm leaning toward NOT driving like Rita, Jackie, and Liz!) I later learned that the ball game was cancelled anyway. Matt returns from Venezuela today~I'm praying that I won't be the one who has to pick him up as the weather is supposed to get worse, not better. I'm thankful for our guardian angels this morning!
Photo courtesy freefoto.com

5 comments:

Rita Loca said...

YIKES!!! We are still in the low 80's high 70's here in Tampa.

Rita Loca said...

I got your email, did you get mine?

Caraqueña said...

JM: Write me at easnvz913@hotmail.com please.

Liz said...

Uy Beth.. patinaste! That happened a lot to my hubby many moons ago, we were living upstate NY. One year, we saw the snow during 6 months... SEGUIDOS

About the driving, I say now that if I get to live in the States again, I'm gonna drive. At least to the grocery store, the mall, the school. No highways though! speed makes me dizzy, hehehe..

Happy and safe return to your husband, and keep writing!! estoy siempre pendiente de tí!

Love.

Jackie said...

See???? Driving is scary!!