Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lazy Snow Day

Something that doesn't happen to homeschoolers is "snow days". (Poor grammar, but I couldn't figure out how to write that correctly.) We found out last night, to our elation, that we would have a snow day today! We have had a huge ice storm, and it is still raining.

Our street

Fallen limb in front of our house

Isn't it spectacular?!

The kids stayed up late last night, we slept in late (glory be!), and we have just had fun today playing games and watching movies. It has been a nice change of pace. Every night this week was going to have some activity, so we have welcomed this lazy day!

6 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I admit, the pictures are beautiful...but, I don't do "cold"!

Jackie said...

I experienced my first snow day while in College. It snowed only two inches and school was out for THREE days. They are not very good at dealing with icy roads in Tennessee! :-)
I remember waking up one morning (again in College) and seeing frost. I thought the frost was snow, and was made fun of for a long time. Oh the joys of being an MK!!!

Liz said...

Oh yeah! snow days are so great!

Beware of the freezing rain... (no walking or driving for me) although for the kids is a blast, they can skate in the middle of any street.

Joyce Howerton said...

So, did you all have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe of winter clothes for the family??
I think Nate looks a little like Papa too...people here tell me he looks like me...I think they are just being polite since I don't have any little girls to take after me!
Joyce

Joyce Howerton said...

By the way the pumpkin meal was much better then I anticipated it would be but I don't think I'll add it to my list of dinners to make...it is more a holiday meal that his mom made at Christmas...full of fat calories :)

CaraqueƱa said...

JM: Oh yeah, you're from Florida and Venezuela!
Happy wife: Matt and I met on a snow day in a snowball fight, so they're especially dear to me =)!
Liz: It's snowing again today...big fluffy flakes! Wonderful!
Joyce: No, God (through TC people) supplied all our need for winter clothing! Isn't that awesome! Yes, Nate looks like you too! The pumpkin meal didn't LOOK too great...