Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Violins, Friends, and A Kid's Club

I've had a busy day! How about you? Last evening, my sweet friend Angelica from Caracas was here. She's very special to me, having been one of the first little girls in my first Sunday School in Caracas. Now she's preparing to teach Christian music to kids and one of her dreams is to have a Christian children's orchestra. How's that for goals and dreams? Needless to say, I'm very grateful for her and proud of her! She has started a children music club back up that I used to teach when Matt and I were at the Biblia Abierta. She's been waiting to grow up enough to start it back up and she's finally done it! Back when I had the Wednesday evening Bible/music club (called 4C= Club Cristiano de Canto para Chamos), she was the piano player, just getting her start in playing. Now she's one of the main piano players at that church and she's learning violin. She was giving me tips on getting started on my violin too since my teacher wasn't the best. I can now play a little tune =)! My cup is full~it runneth over!

9 comments:

River Rat said...

That is so awesome.

Unknown said...

Oh that is wonderful and inspiring news Cara! I know your cup runneth over to see her persue this!

Susan said...

It's always such a blessing to see the results of God's love and work in an individual.
Susan

Rita Loca said...

Thank God for young Venezuelan Christians like these. Is she the girl I met at your house?

Rita Loca said...

The email address I have for you does not seem to work.
Do you know Ed and Deb are coming to the states next month?

Caraqueña said...

RR: Yes, Angelica is awesome. It is great to see fruit!
Pam: God is doing things above and beyond my poor power, that's for sure!
Susan: Oh yes, God has such power to change and mold us and direct us in ways unimaginable!
JM: Yes, I believe you met Angelica at our house. email is easnvz913@hotmail.com. Yes, I know about Ed and Deb. Will you see them?

Rita Loca said...

Hello! I dont know if we will see them. we are in Florida and they are going to Ohio.

Liz said...

ajá! you are alive! :-)
when you find the time.. go and see my family. I posted some old pics/

Liz

Unknown said...

I had to rush over and thank you for your encouraging words. These are the words Josh needs to hear right now because he is being made to feel insignificant by some well meaning "Christians". The example you gave of God working so differently in lives, as in Clint and Rita compared to you folks, is so true. We must stop putting people in boxes and expecting them to do it the way WE think best!

I am so proud Josh talks to me when he needs to. I wish it were more often. It seems he waits until it's overwhelming and he can't hold his thoughtts in any longer. He wants to buy old houses and redo them, flip them. He loves working with his hands and DOING!!He hates English courses. He has said on several occassions, "if I could just go out and DO English physically, I'd be great at it!"

Thanks again dear sister in Christ. My prayers are with you all. I feel we will meet some day. Aren't you the one related to Fern West who lives here in FL near Ocala? If so, I will say more later cuz I love that woman so much. Talk about GODLY!!