Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Trip to the States

I *recently* returned from a 2-week trip to the States. I went along with my mom to spend time with my granny. We had a very RELAXING time. I'm not very used to relaxing, as I have 5 children! My sister and her family were in a nearby state on vacation, so they came over to see us too! That was awesome~I always LOVE seeing my sister. Her kids are so big...time flies, etc. Into the second week, I REALLY missed my family, and couldn't wait to get back here! Mom and I had a great time shopping...I must admit, I don't have problems like my good friend, JM. I have no problem picking out all the things I haven't had or even ever seen before! Trouble was that Mom and I went shopping the day after we got to the States, which meant that we got a whole lot more than we could eat in 2 weeks! Oh well... I was a little apprehensive upon returning here, due to a problem I found in my passport just before I left. No problems upon returning though~I was very excited to see my family and I don't think I want to do that again...leaving my family, that is. Here are some pictures:

My sister and me

My sister's family

Uncle Ken, Aunt Pat, and me (not in that order, obviously!)

My mom and my sister

Bob, Meredith, and Allison

Ben and Granna

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Looks like you had fun! I would have loved to gone shopping with you. And scrapbook with your sister as well... :)

Jackie said...

Looks like you had fun! I would have loved to gone shopping with you. And scrapbook with your sister as well... :)

Susan said...

Enjoyed the pictures and looks like it was a fun time.
Susan

#1 CUBS FAN said...

Nice pics .Oh I missed so much while you were gone! I am glad that my loving mom is back

CaraqueƱa said...

Jackie: Meredith can shop rings around me, and you would definitely enjoy scrapbooking more with her than with me...don't do scrapbooking!

Rita Loca said...

So good to see the fotos! your sister and you look a lot alike huh???
Glad all went well with the trip...I am over my shopping "Mental Block" LOL. Part of my problem is that for 10 years in the jungle, I sent a list out and someone else did my grocery shopping. I now HATE to shop for food!!
I am meeting lots of Venezuelans here!! Very cool, and sad!

Liz said...

Wow Tocaya! nice family! I love casas gringas, how come they stay so clean??

Your sister looks like your mom, and like you ;-)

Last time I travelled, I left my boy here... I'll never do it again neither. Eventhough we called him daily, he cried and missed us so much.

And you have FIVE!! the hubby had his hands full, no?

Welcome back again and go see my pics at my place (I stole the idea from RITA!)

Abrazos, Liz

TO BECOME said...

I am glad you had fun being with your extended family. I know how you feel though, whenever I had to be gone from at home family, I always felt that I wasn't all there a big part of me was missing. I am glad you got to go though. connie from Texas

River Rat said...

I enjoyed the pics