Friday, July 20, 2007

P.E.

As before mentioned in this post, I am a missionary kid. I was fortunate to grow up among several other kids, so we did have a small school. Of course, if you have a school, you have to have P.E. I remember doing any number of things for p.e. My favorite was (by far) volleyball class with Flavio. He was great. I still play volleyball today as taught by dear Flavio. Volleyball might have been my favorite but by far the most memorable was marching class. Yes, you read right...MAR.CHING.CLASS.

This was taught to us by our dear Uncle Dave Surrett, an ex-marine (he never quite got over that). Now, marching is not all that bad in itself. But get a group of kids (I would guess ages 7-15) MARCHING all around the soccer field on the grounds of Lima Bible Institute and you have a laughingstock. (is there such thing as a laughingstock? oh well...you get the drift) My sister and I still get the giggles when we try to imagine WHAT must have been going through the heads of those dear Peruvian seminary students. Crazy...insane...weird. And yes, I guess we were all of the above. I can still hear Uncle Dave barking the order, "Colummmmmn Heleft!"(the he before left was actually like a grunt of some sort). And "column left" we did! It was a hilarious time, worthy of an mk's life!

9 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Oh boy! I can hear those marine corp grunts, know them well from my dear hubby! I had to high light your text to read it. All I saw was the foto and I thought... well, I didn;t know what to think!
love your MK memories!

Susan said...

I can't see anything but the photo.
Susan

Caraqueña said...

Susan...highlight to see the text. I have NO IDEA what happened!

Caraqueña said...

Elizabeth...yo pronuncio mi nombre con acento en la "i" y mi apellido de soltera es Queen. Que tal?!

Liz said...

Oh boy!!! you read my birthday post!!!!

Liz

River Rat said...

thanks, this brought a smile. thinking of you marching like this.

Jackie said...

Marching...a skill every MK should know. LOL

Rita Loca said...

I'm a grand mother again!!!!

Rita Loca said...

Have you heard that the Southern Baptist are requesting their families with children of dual citizenship to leave the country?Due to some of the new reforms to the constitution including possible elimination of dual citizenship?
You may have heard it all ready I just want to make sure