Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My Life Philosophy


Whooeee...sounds deep, doesn't it? Well, I'm a hard-headed person, I would say, so it takes me a while to get things. I think I've finally come up with my life philosophy...tatatatan.....drum roll... After almost 17 years of married life, my life philosophy is Proverbs 31:12~"She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." and Proverbs 31:27~"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." I've tried schedules, lists, etc., but my simple philosophy is "My schedule today is to do whatever my husband needs, and my children are next in line." That means that if my husband leaves at 6 a.m., I get up to get him breakfast before he leaves. If he calls and needs a phone number, I drop what I'm doing and get it for him asap. It also means that... if I need to do something for church and Sophie (my little girl) wants to play Monopoly, guess what? We play Monopoly (with Aaron, too, of course!). This does not mean I neglect Bible study and prayer, for they are the hub of the wheel. For those of you who have different methods, I am sure they are great too! However, for me, simple is best: God, my husband, my children, everyone and everything else!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a testimony! With five kids, you would have to be flexible however I'm sure you have a game plan in the back of your mind each day!

Rita Loca said...

I am sure that keeps you hopping!!!