Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Get So Frustrated Sometimes!!!!!!


This "revolution" is really getting to me...actually, it has been for about 5 years! The other days I went by the store to get a bottle of cooking oil...no cooking oil! I am so sick of finding out about things that I can't get! Butter, harina pan, black beans, meat, chicken, oil, rice, sugar, eggs...the list goes on and on. H to the third power has recently gone where no man should venture to go...into a woman's personal hygiene and beautifying process. He is one brave man, I must say! I won't go into it all...it's embarrassing and humiliating if you ask me. People are again saying that there will be "problems" this weekend, with the closing of Venezuela's oldest tv channel. I think it will be all talk again...

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Argghh....I'm frustrated with him all the way down here! Would you like some oil mailed to you? We have plenty in Paraguay (hint hint)

Unknown said...

So you need a *nuk* as in the pacifier? How funny! Maybe that will help with the stress of H to the 3rd power! I love that reference to him by the way!

So glad you visited my blog today. It always brings me a smile when I find a comment from you.

Know this, My prayers are with you and your dear family.

Rita Loca said...

I agree about this week end. Always talk, but never action, you know? I can not imagine he will actually be able to enforce this stuff!!

I have had to use olive oil but it is so expensive.
Poor Josh, he asks me to bake this or that while he is here...but...no eggs, or butter, or sugar...

Liz said...

Oh girls, I think that shortages are worse in the cities you live. Or maybe in Caracas -being the capital- there's some food left.

I cannot find skimmed milk though, the powdered type.

And the beans I find in the supermarket are totally new to me!! Having a couple of finicky (sp?) eaters at home, I don't buy any unknown produce.

I hope the troubles of yesterday morning in Maracay didn't affect you or your family. This week is getting to my nerves more than the usual.

Tu tocaya, Liz

Rita Loca said...

YIPPPEEE!!! I found eggs!!!! 2 dozen beautiful eggs!!!

Gledwood said...

Hi what a fascinating blog! You've got a unique outlook ... I can't really comment on the situation in Venezuela ... people complain enough here! (I'm in London.) But they say it's a very British thing to complain ... I was just randomly passing "next"pressing and thought I'd say hi. I'm at
http://gledwood2.blogspot.com
if you want to come by. You're most welcome.
All the best
from
Gledwood "Vol 2" ...

CaraqueƱa said...

Liz, fui a tu blog...tengo ganas de llorar al ver a lo que llega este pais, MI pais...