Friday, April 6, 2007

I Miss Easter!

I was just commenting on someone's blog that Easter is so different in all the countries... This is the one holiday that I really miss the U.S.! Here there are no Easter bunnies, chocolate ones either (actually there are, but it's just not the same), neither do we color eggs. It is not customary to buy new Easter clothes or bonnets. Families do gather, to GO TO THE BEACH. But hey, that seems to be what Venezuelans do for all holidays! Here in Caracas, they talk about visiting "the seven temples." Basically, I think this means that during the "Holy Week", you are to visit the seven cathedrals here in Caracas. Always during Semana Santa, the Baptist men have a camp, so we ladies have "alone" weeks. I'm glad that they have their camp, I just think it would be nice to spend it with Matt sometime. Oh well...HAPPY EASTER!

5 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Happy Easter! So is Matt in Nirgua or are you guys doing your own camp? My email is crvernoy@cantv.net.

CaraqueƱa said...

Matt is speaking at a conference in San Cristobal, right near the end of the world sounds like to me! Doesn't have cell phone coverage or anything... Dad is in Nirgua and Anthony took 2 guys from our new church, Cristo Jehova.

River Rat said...

I miss Easter too this year. It doesn't seem like Easter with being in Greece. At home I always go to sunrise service and then on to my church for regular services. So it is very different this year.

Unknown said...

I remember missing Easter when I lived in Mexico. It was like no big deal! Of course this Easter is avery different for us this year, even in the states. We are awaiting dad's open heart surgery tomorrow.

Pen of Jen said...

Thanks for the Kind comments on my post. I really appreciate all the comments on a day that was so hard for me.