Friday, October 5, 2007

The Rat Race...

Okay, guys, here I am! People have wondered... We left Caracas on Monday morning. It was a very "tranquilo" trip, considering we have 5 children, 2 of them under 5! We arrived in our home town around 5 p.m. We had a quiet evening with the family with whom we are staying. Then....the rat race began! That morning Matt had a meeting with our home pastor and in the afternoon we went to do some shopping for school clothes. That evening I attended a ladies meeting. I cried some about Venezuela. That next morning we had a meeting with the kids' school principal. They are all 5 attending our church school, and it is really different for Mom and them! They are really enjoying it. After the school meeting, we had lunch there, then on to school supplies and grocery shopping. Guess where?! Wallyworld, of course! That night was church. Yesterday was their first day of school, and I was over there 4 times! I felt somewhat like a chauffeur... AND I was exhausted! Morgan is on the JV cheerleading squad (right up her alley), EJ on the Bible quizzing team (right up his alley), and Seth is just having a good ole time (right up his alley)! Today hasn't been as hectic. I've only had to be the "designated driver" once. I am enjoying the quiet times, I have to admit. And I'm thrilled that the children are having a nice time in school~they deserve it after putting up with Mom all these years! I am attaching a couple pics of them on the first day of school...

Ethan and Morgan

The three oldest

11 comments:

Liz said...

well, I'm glad to see signs of life!this experience will be very good for the children.

un abrazo!

Liz said...

tocayita.. this is the new ME! I'm disguising as Liz Taylor
:D

Rita Loca said...

They all look great! I do wish I could have seen you all. I wonder when???

Caraqueña said...

Liz, ojos violeta?! jiji

Caraqueña said...

Liz...el "tour" de tu hogar esta precioso! Puedo ir en persona algun dia? Realmente me gustaria!

Joyce Howerton said...

Hey, I recognize that patio!! I lived there before too! Are you all staying downstairs or do the kids sleep upstairs? That is cool the kids get to go to school. My blog site is listed on my facebook page.

Liz said...

Mi casa es su casa.. no dicen así los gringos? :D

Si vuelves Tocayita, deberíamos vernos! y claro, te invito un café y tortica en mi cocina!!!

Billy said...

Beth-a, give me a call!!! I can't believe how much Morgan looks like you! - Shell

Caraqueña said...

Shell, you really ought to have your own blog! I believe you'd have tons to say...you always were so witty! =)

Unknown said...

Hi and Welcome to the Rat RAce! I was so excited to see your comment left at Jackie's. Glad you all are okay and what on earth do you do with yourself since the kids are going out to school???

Keep in touch!
Oh and I love the new look of your blog!

Susan said...

So good to hear from you and know all are well and SAFE!!! I'm sure you will find life here in the U.S. to be much more of a rat race. The pictures of the kids were great. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Susan