Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Psalm 51:10

I read this interesting commentary on Psalm 51:10 by Spurgeon just now in my quiet time. It is where I often am at...I need the Lord so badly!

"Let thy personal weakness, O Christian, be an argument to make thee pray earnestly to thy God for help.
Remember, David when he felt himself to be powerless, did not fold his arms or close his lips, but he hastened to the mercy seat with "renew a right spirit within me."
Be much in prayer; live much upon the Word of God; kill the lusts which have driven your LORD from you; be careful to watch over the future uprisings of sin.
The LORD has His own appointed ways; sit by the wayside and you will be ready when He passes by.
Continue in all those blessed ordinances which will foster and nourish your dying graces; and, knowing that all the power must proceed from Him, cease not to cry, "Renew a right spirit within me."

No comments: