Tuesday, September 4, 2007

You're Probably Wondering...and I am Too!

Honest, people, I have no idea what happened to my blog, or how to fix it! However, since I have such a large *following* (ha, what a joke, lol!), I really don't want to change it altogether! Help! Does anyone out there know how to fix it without just getting rid of it altogether?

On to other things...I have been so busy that I just haven't had time to blog. Surely, you moms of 5 children can relate! Let's see...we got a puppy (he's adorable!), we FINALLY hung up my favorite quilt in the living room and a wall of hangings in my bedroom, I've been figuring out our school year, which starts next week. I haven't been able to get EJ's stuff ordered (he is enrolled in A Beka and uses videos) because EVERY SINGLE TIME I do, something happens. I was going to order the stuff yesterday (via phone), when I realized that you guys were celebrating Labor Day. We don't celebrate that (we celebrate EVERYTHING else, let me tell you!), so I had forgotten... Anyhoo, we travelled over here to Caracas yesterday to see my dr. (yesterday) and the dentist (all of us, today, woo hoo!), so I was at Dr. Galavis' office yesterday. As usual, people are always talking politics around here (there is evidently NOTHING else to talk about), so we (Dad went over there to sit and visit with me) got in on a~yet another~terrifying political "chat". Evidently, *disguised, of course*, there are a couple of very scary articles in the New Educational Reform, being literally railroaded through the Asamblea right now. You can read about it
here. So...I don't know if I'll EVER get EJ's new stuff ordered. Anyway, we will start school "como sea" on Monday! HHH can't control EVERYTHING, for Pete's sake!

*Oops, I just realized when I linked over to my scary educational reform place, that it is in Spanish. Sorry...it's worth getting someone to translate it!


This week we are in Caracas partly to visit our doctors, and partly to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. We will be going to an undisclosed location here in Caracas *my favorite city*, leaving our children with Granna and Grandaddy~thank you, Mom and Dad! We are looking forward to it! Next week is my ____ birthday. Sorry, people, but I'm just getting to the age where I don't want to talk about it (so, why, you ask, am I talking about it!?)....

Have a great one, and as my dear Shalom says, Stay Safe! (It's a scary world out there, especially Venezuela!)

9 comments:

Susan said...

Good to hear from you again. Happy Anniversay and Birthday.
Susan

Liz said...

Oh.. you're very close to me this week!! have fun and enjoy the days with the hubby.

About the blog, it's the layout. Maybe you should change the whole pattern. I could help you (I think!) but we'd had to chat on line or by phone.

JM has my e-mail, ask her for it (don't want to publish it here, in public!) I even changed my blog to private due to some 'rojitos' readers. Many new pics posted, lo tienes anotado por ahí?

I,m also buying my 'lista escolar' this week and running a lot school related errands.

Feliz cumple! Abrazos, Liz

Rita Loca said...

We are back!! you got a dog???????
Have a great anniversary and birthday and tell youtr floks hello.
Yeah, yhe education law is a big concern. I'll link over to hear the latest!! thanks for the link.

River Rat said...

always good to read about what is going on with ya

Unknown said...

Hi Birthday girl and don't have too much fun on your secret anniversary get away!! Glad you get to do that!

Ed .v being silly?? Naw, never!!! LOL I did have to enlarge the photo to get a closer look!

marallyn ben moshe said...

happy happy...how wonderful...i love happy occasions...hope you had a great vacation...glad to hear from you...stay safe...shalom and love from jerusalem

Caraqueña said...

Liz, me pude acordar (me costo un poco) de tu blog, y fui a verla. Tu blog es siempre tan "sweet" con tan bellos recuerdos. Es Tucaras o Tucacas? Esas playas son espectaculares!

Liz said...

Tucacas! it's a funny name, especially in spanish ;-)
My son used to say MIcacas, hehehe

Liz

Liz said...

Gracias Beth, ya arreglé a Tucacas!! no me había dado cuenta
;-0

Liz