Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Three "Despedidas"

In the last week, we have had 3 going-away parties! Our friends are so sweet, but these things are hard on the ole heart! The first one was given by our church family at Faith in Raymore. There was a lot of weeping as we had become very attached to all those sweet people and our teen group! We miss the opportunity to be involved in their lives... Next, there was a 3-church party on Saturday in Caracas. These were the three churches that God allowed us a part in starting, so there are many dear among them. There were testimonies, more tears... Sunday evening was one of the worst emotionally as it was at the baby church we left in La Victoria when we left Venezuela 8 months ago. They are thriving and it was awesome to see the love that God has given them as a church family. God continue to bless them... Anyway, 3 despedidas in one week is NOT cool, but we are reminded of Christ's words that if anyone leaves family, homes, lands, that they would be given family, homes, lands hundredfold (my version...couldn't find it just yet in the Bible). We have been given FAMILY everywhere~we are SO BLESSED!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

I can so relate to this! Just yesterday on my walk, I was feeling somewhat alone since we are new to Alabama and now live in the STICKS!! It definitely has its pro's, but also it's con's. Our precious Lord reminded me of all of the "family" that we have everywhere (OR, PA and now AL). I was also reminded that this is not really our "home" - heaven is, so it is okay to not feel settled here on earth. AND - that we are never truly alone - we have Him!
Hope that rambling made sense :)
Blessings on your continued journey!
Shirley

Rita Loca said...

3 despididas makes me shudder.
Just email Jackie to be invited to her blog.

Caraqueña said...

I've already emailed Jackie---TWICE! I'm having Jackie withdrawal!!!! Hope you're feeling better. The wedding photos are spectacular~your family is beautiful. I used to think Josh looked like Clint, but now I think he looks EXACTLY like you!

Rita Loca said...

Jackie is here with us. Email me and will make sure she gets it.

Caraqueña said...

Tell jackie to check her facebook for a message from me... thanks!

Liz said...

I ALSO wrote Jackie! hehehe.. I know she is on vacations, miss her nice posts! (when I have time to log in....)