Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Time for Two at the Zoo!

Isn't that a cute rhyme?! You'd better say yes, because it's the best I can do! Today Matt and I took "the babies" (as we fondly refer to Aaron, age 5, and Sophie, age 3) to the zoo. It was pretty fun, although the animals were a little scarce! Kind of like sugar and chicken, I guess. We saw a (very old) elephant, a tapir, several monkeys (those must be cheap or free--every zoo has tons of them), a small hippo, several fighting pigs, and, very surprisingly, a black bear. Matt commented that he must be very hot! How does he survive--I'm hardly doing that these days, and I don't have a gorgeous thick black coat! Pics later...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe the animals were scarce because they are being sold for meat in the grocery stores!!

Caraqueña said...

That's a thought for sure...

Rita Loca said...

UUGHH! I know the chicken I bought is rubbery and stays pink no matter how long I cook it.

Caraqueña said...

Interesting...there WERE chickens--never seen THAT before--at the zoo! Nice "fluffy" ones too!