Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Uruguay...or Bust!

This is the first time that I've actually written about Uruguay...I think. It's been a while since I've WRITTEN anything at all. Happy New Year's, by the way... Anyway, Matt leaves for (our beloved) Venezuela and Uruguay on Friday. We are asking the Lord for two things on this trip: 1) that God would make it VERY CLEAR that we are proceeding correctly in going to Uruguay, and 2) WHERE in Uruguay to set up our home/ministry. I was going to go with Matt (that was our desire), but the logistics of care for FIVE children going to school, sports events, etc., etc. was too daunting. So... Mom holds down the fort while Dad seeks the Lord's will regarding Uruguay. These past days I've really, really MISSED Venezuela. It is really cold here...I miss warm, sunny Maracay. Venezuela is a warm, happy place. Four words I saw in my morning meditation in Psalm 37: 1) Trust ~ this is hard when things don't make sense. 2) Delight ~ in the Lord; not too hard after what He has done for me! 3) Commit (your way) ~ my way without the Lord is lost anyway! 4) Rest ~ simple; just rest. As I was meditating on the words of my "new" favorite song, "The Power of the Cross", I told the Lord, "After all you've done for me, is it too great a sacrifice for me to give up my will (Venezuela)?!" Pray for us, friends.

7 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Well, we may be neighbors...sorta... a lot of the Paraguayan missionaries seem to travel to Uruguay for vacations.
I guess you know Ed and Deb are going back next week to close up everything. They are headed too S.C.
I so wish you could go to Uruguay! Going to Paraguay helped me , to see the need there.
Clint left yesterday. He called me last night from Barqui and said he felt weird there now. Seeing it all from an outsiders view point.

marine's words said...

its so nive to hear form you ! I hope and pray that the Lord will give you everthing you need in Uruguray,I uunderstand how much you will miss Venezuela maybe God will bring you back there again sometime soon.Its always hard to leave home and all your support group,family,friends ,church,
But I know you are doing God's work and he will bless you Caraquena. Blessing,marina

marine's words said...

PS. I really maent its NICE to hear form you again you are such a blessing.marina

Unknown said...

Oh Beth, you don't know how excited I was to see you had been visiting us! Missed you!

Uraguay huh? Prayers will be offered on your behalf.

Susan said...

We have a missionary couple we pray for daily in Uraguay,. They have been there for years and are expecting 2008 to be a break-through year with God's work there. Looks like He's sending in more workers!!!!!! YEAH!!! I will pray about this with you.
Susan

Liz said...

Hola tocayita!
I see things are going well, I mean; now there are plans. That's good!

Un beso, aquí también está haciendo un frío rarísimo! pero claro.. no es nieve e igual el sol está allá afuera.

Love.

Debbie said...

I'm sorry you're not coming down with your husband...but, we are praying for you as you wait on the Lord for His clear will. We love it here and the need is great!!!! We are excited about all that God is doing here.