Thursday, November 1, 2007

The GLORY of it!

Having lived in Venezuela for the past 11 years, I am absolutely glorying in the change of seasons. God is so amazing in His creation! In Venezuela, we have one season: hot (oh…I forgot to mention that in Dec.-Jan., it gets about 1 degree cooler =} ). Yesterday, as I drove home from the library (another glorious American tradition—folks, you just don’t know how good you have it!), I was delighted to see autumn leaves swirling in the brisk (there’s just no other word for it!) October-almost-November breeze! Those leaves beg to be played in, and that is just what my little ones did yesterday…won’t they love it when they get to unpile raked leaves! (When someone has the TIME to do that~this American pace has us running ragged!). Have a wonderful November 1 (All Saints Day)! Praise God for my justification before Him, making me a saint!


6 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for posting Beth... I am one of the persons that misses you. I know it's a strange feeling, because we haven't met in person. But I guess we have in common more that pur name.

Enjoy your time in the States... oh boy! I envy you! I love the States! I had a cultural shock when I came back to Venezuela back in the 80s.. I still long for that way of life.

The little ones look so cute in the pic!

Un abrazo y muchas bendiciones de mi corazón al tuyo.-- L

Rita Loca said...

I do check in whenever I get to the internet. We dont have it at the house up here but will when we get back to Florida.

Jackie said...

Oooohh...did you say Library?? So not fair.!! :-)

Joyce Howerton said...

It is amazing to me how my heart can seem to be torn in two! I love Romania, I love living here but I also love America...the library:) the beautiful leaves changing...I am thankful we do have season changes here but no real leave color changing activity. I love the slow paced life of Romania and don't know how I would fit back int to fast paced America but do miss all the benefits of America (the comfy cushy stuff). I don't think anyone but a fellow missionary can understand a heart loving two places equally always missing one place while you are in the other...it is bittersweet! I really miss America around fall time. My prayer is that some day we can take our furlough in Oct, Nov, Dec. My sister is coming for Christmas this year...that helps a lot!

marine's words said...

Hi, my name is marina I found your blog from the jungle mom. I know you all don't know me but one blog leads to an other and before you know it I am in mexico now in south america God bless you all for the mission work you all do!!I know living in the US is a bit spoil and I so enjoy these time of season and I love christmas music just like you, but you are seing places I will never see and touching hearts that will last forever,and you are expericings a different culture other than the USA I know I am mexican american,and I would go to mexico and spend my summers there I found it so much fun the people are friendly and love to laugh and talk un like the US everyone is to them self. so you see you are not really missing out on too much. Thank you for doing the lords work.please drop me a note sometime.blesing,,marina

HsKubes said...

So glad to see y'all are delighting in the blessings of the Lord. He is Good!
Love the photo!

~ Christina