Saturday, June 2, 2007

SUPER Saturday!!!





We've had a really nice Saturday together...busy, as usual! Our daddy is not here, and we really miss him; but we know he is having a nice time visiting family and getting a class toward his doctorate done--YEAH!! Sophie, Morgan, and I started the day picking up empanadas* for everyone. They were yummy!!!! Then the girls and I went to the beauty shop, about which I blogged earlier. When we got home, all of us loaded us to go to McD's for ice cream and a little fun in the play place for the little ones (since we were still full from our breakfast). We had a fun time there...Sophie's face tells the whole story. Then, joy of all joys, we went to the grocery store (I've been to 3 today...more about THAT later...regime living...heavy sigh!). We just finished our supper of apples & carmel, popcorn, and palmizulia* cheese while listening to one of our favorite CD's (Steve Petit's "My God, My Lord, My All"). Now I need to be off to clean the kitchen, put some wash in, and get S.S., etc. ready for tomorrow. Have a wonderful LORD's Day!



*Somehow, as I was posting this...I didn't get a picture of EJ included. Sorry, Ej, we love you too!

*an empanada is a half-moon shaped "pie" made of cornmeal flour, filled with any number of things! ours were cheese, chicken, and shredded beaf


*palmizulia cheese is a soft, squish-in-your-teeth white cheese. looks kind of like swiss, but much softer. we love it!


*the link is not working...can someone tell me why not????

7 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Sounds fun! We have enjoyed a peaceful day finally as there are no classes and therefor no marchas here by the house! YEAH!!!
Not as much fun as you as our daddy took the car and does not want us using taxis while he is away. At least we have a ride to church tomorrow! God bless. I expect tomorrow to be calm and then ..who knows?

HsKubes said...

Sounds like a busy, but nice day with your children. I enjoyed seeing the photos of them.
I wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog. It was a blessing to hear from you. Thank you, also, for the question you asked. I hope to, prayerfully, answer it soon.
Have a blessed Lord's Day.

~ Christina

Liz said...

Hey Tocaya, nice to see your face! and your children!!! very cute. Seems like you were having fun ;-)

Saludos desde Caracas (taking today by red-buses!!)

Liz

Caraqueña said...

JM: We're taking a taxi =! to church today....
Christina: your blog has been such a blessing...trust all is well
Liz: cuidate de the red buses...tranquilo en Maracay ayer como todos se fueron para Crcs!

Rita Loca said...

Cara; I dont mind around here, but up in San Lorenzo????

Caraqueña said...

JM...uh yeah, I understand. San Lorenzo, well, that's different...Hope you had a wonderful Lord's Day!

Unknown said...

I love how you are really getting into the blogging thing now! Different size fonts etc. Your blog is looking more professional! 3 cheers for Beth!